Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Birthday for the Books...

June 22nd - I turned 46 today.  Oddly enough, the number means nothing to me.  It is not how old I feel.  In my own mind, I am still some sassy 25 year old.  My body, on the other hand, tells a different story.  Girl who cuts my hair is only about 5 years younger than me and she thinks I look like I am still in my 30's.  (So does she.)

I would like to think that my mind's age has a lot to do with how I look.  I have no intentions of getting any plastic surgery to keep me young looking.  I pray to grow old gracefully.  I see the wrinkles in my face beginning to form, but I try not to hide them.  The lines are a reflection of the time spent in this life - I have earned them.

My life is still in a constant uproar.  I am praying that the revelation of recent information will allow me to leave the rut I have found myself.  An opportunity to grow and take away a lot of the stress I have to manage.  I am quite tired of it and find that work is consuming my life.  That is not how work should be - people work to live, not live to work.  I thought I would have more accomplished in my life, but as it stands, that is not the case.  However, I need to take that situation and turn it around or leave.  Leaving is the less confrontational mode - still, something needs to be said.  How to say it without any retaliation, that is a mystery for me.

Time to toddle off to bed.  I have been way too deep for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment