Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another year...45 already?

Today is my 45th birthday.  It seems like yesterday when I graduated from high school and was about to enter college.  Now, I look at my life and wonder what happened.  I know what happened - I just did not do all of the things I wanted to do.  That is my fault and now, I need to make a change. 

I spent many years working and taking the occasional vacation.  The one vacation I took without my parents was to go with some friends to Las Vegas in 2002.  Right now, I want to pay off some bills and get a new car.  I also want to clean up my apartment and organize it the way I want.  I just need to learn to tell certain people and such "No" when they want to derail my plans.

In the next couple of weeks, I need to go see the doctor.  First, I will do the mammogram and get that out of the way.  When I see the doctor, I will have to fast and go through the whole check up.  I know my diabetes is pretty high.  I haven't been doing myself much favors mainly because I am constantly under stress, so I let that be my reason for making bad choices.  That is wrong as well.  However, I really need to be able to fix the stress issue. 

What to do today?  Well, since it is my birthday, I am going to eat a few "bad" foods.  Only because I need to get rid of it and I do not have them that often.  After this entry, I am going to fix myself some pancakes and bacon.  I think I may get a Schlotzky's sandwich for lunch and hang out with the dogs.

I am off work today and tomorrow.  I will pull my lessons for my Java and Perl courses, then work on the assignments.  Now, while that sounds like "work", I actually enjoy it as I love programming.  I am trying to improve my skills.  So, this works for me.

On to fixing breakfast for the dogs and myself as well as do some laundry.  I will post more later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment