Monday, September 5, 2011

Troubling times...

So far, I have lost about 10 lbs since I got strict with what food I eat.  That is a good thing.  My blood sugar numbers still stink, but they are getting lower.  Work is really stressing me out, but I am trying to figure out how to rid myself of that stress.  It has been unbelievable.

Luckily, tomorrow, I am off from work.  I have not gotten much done this weekend due to work.  Next weekend, I hope to get more done.  I did manage to catch up on some sleep on Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, I took the dogs out for their walk, picked up my meds from WalMart, splurged to get some donuts with milk, then headed back to bed at 1 PM.  By 6 PM, I was back up and walking the dogs.  Nothing like a 5 hour nap.  I felt a little drained, but I needed the sleep.  Last week was horrible.

Today, I managed to get the kitchen cleaned up and baked some sugar free brownies.  I am seriously thinking of a sugar free brownie topped with some sugar free country vanilla ice cream.  I may try that a bit later.

I went to the grocery store.  Man - it was obscene how much it cost me to get out of there.  I bought a lot of fruit and veggies.  I also got some meat - hamburger, turkey tenderloins, turkey smoked sausage, pork loin, and pork loin chops.  I have thought about making mom's Hungarian Chicken Goulash with some fat free sour cream and whole wheat fanfalle pasta.  Unfortunately, I will have to pick up an onion, chicken boullion cubes, and the sour cream.

I am going to continue working on getting my blood sugar numbers down.  As I said before, it just was going to take time and the bonus is the weight loss.

No numbers at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment