Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Tough Road Ahead...

Morning Numbers:

BS:  200
BP:  125/79
Pul:  83

I am taking my meds and I am already getting frustrated with the numbers.  I know - Rome was not built in a day, so your numbers won't automatically go down in a few days.  I just have to keep reminding myself - it is one day at a time.  You did not gain weight overnight, so it won't be gone overnight.  Somehow, we all wish that was the way it went.  Here today - gone tomorrow.  Alas, that is not to be.

My doggies are back home as of yesterday.  Had some trouble with Chloe last night.  She was very restless.  It was like no matter what, she was never comfortable.  I lost my patience with her and that was completely stupid of me.  I had to walk away a bit.  Now, that I think back to it and make some realizations, PMS is starting up.  I should have recognized the symptoms:  Easily irritated, bloated, no matter what, I cannot cool down.  I hate it. 

Once I got my nerves back on a slow patience, I realized that she probably needed a pain pill.  I still have a few for her, so once she got that, she settled down for the night.  Now, she is resting peacefully, but I felt like a really idiot for not realizing it.

I think the heat is getting the better of all of us.  The dogs are drinking water like it is going out of style.  I have been making sure that their water bowl is full and has ice in it.  Also, I have made sure that the temperature in the apartment is reasonable.

Today, I plan on getting a mani/pedi.  That way, my toenails get clipped properly and not the butcher job I do.  After that, I am going to get groceries for the week.  I hope to make out a good meal plan for the week.  I just do not want to think about having to deal with "Oh, what to eat?"  Also, that will help me get my diabetes and weight loss under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment