Monday, August 8, 2011

Good Morning, Monday!

Here is my first positive attempt this morning - greet Monday with a smile.  I will admit, the weekend just was not long enough for me.  However, I have a break in the middle of the week.  I am taking off Wednesday to see my doctor.  I am so full of fear of being put on insulin injections.  I need to stop that and maybe see if we can try some other oral medication with the metformin. 

This morning, my blood sugar was 214.  That is the lowest it has been in weeks - a good thing.  While I look at that in a positive light, I know I still have work to do on getting that number at a lower value.  Patience, my dear, Melissa, patience.  I just have to keep working hard on eating healthy and keep those good habits going and bad habits in check.  I have to do this for me because I want to be able to do stuff in my life.  I do not want this disease to control my life; I need to control it.

I am starting to think I need to switch to Allegra.  The last few times I took it, I noticed I did not cough and did not go through the morning nasal garbage.  I am back on Liquid Claritin and my throat is scratchy this morning.  Not a good sign.

Time to fix breakfast for the dogs and me.  This week will be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment