Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Rollercoaster Life - The Ups and Downs of It All...

The past couple of weeks have been full of ups and downs.  On the work-side, I had hopes to switch to a group that would have a lot less stress involved with it.  That seems to be on hold.  Also, there are some other issues brewing that make me worried, but I am just trying to handle them the best way I know how.

I have missed two Dallas Stars hockey games, which was a real bummer for me.  I am going to the game tonight!  The team won Thursday night's game.  I was so happy for them and I know that seems odd for me to say.  I guess I am truly a Dallas Stars hockey fan.  I feel for them when the lose; I cheer them on when they win; I hate it when one of them gets injured.  I stick to it no matter what.

I look forward to going to the games.  I get a thrill out of riding on the DART to the American Airlines Center.  Having season tickets this year, I see familiar faces on the train ride.  I feel I am part of a community.  I also get the immense joy of being able to just GO.  Go and be out with people.  I love it!

I had a visit with my endocrinologist on Tuesday.  My weight was down 8 lbs.  That made me feel good, but my blood pressure was 130/100 - not so good.  I had just been doing some stuff for work before going to the doctor, so that might have had some affect on that. 

Since I was sick with what I like to call "The Crud" - not sure exactly what it is, but there is no fever - and on the downside of that monthly deal, my blood sugar levels were really high.  So, I was told that during the times I am sick or that monthly business, raise my insulin dosages to help handle the blood sugar rise.

I am going through my rounds of misplacing things.  Last week, I knew I had come home with my glasses on, but that night, I could not find them. That Saturday, I drove back to work, but nothing was there.  On Sunday, during a break from the issues on the version release, I found them under a sofa cushion.  Similar issue with my car key happened on Friday.  It is getting ridiculous.  Luckily, I am finding these items, but it bothers me.

My parents' friend wants me to drive to Arkansas for Thanksgiving this year.  Bottom line, I do not have the money to do it.  The money I do have, I need to get some new glasses and a crown for a tooth.  What I really want to do for Thanksgiving is just stay home.  I do not even want to drive over to my father's house.  I just want to stay home, rest, and clean up the place. 

I feel that the clutter has a lot to do with my misplacing items.  I realize, I have been the Queen of Misplaced Items all my life.  Heck, I had a moment of it while I was at the State Fair this year.  I did not have my work phone in the pants pocket and nearly freaked out.  Finally, I found it in the Choctaw bag I had won.

Today, outside of going to the game, I have to discover the chirping smoke alarm.  Last Friday, the apartment maintenance came and changed out the batteries in the living room smoke alarms.  Last night, as I was going to bed - *CHIRP!*  Being worn down from all of the work stuff and "crud" that had returned, I turned up the heat to 74 degrees in the apartment and worked on settling down the dogs.  That took awhile, then we all went to sleep.  However, now, I need to find out which one is chirping and it better not be one of the ones on the living room ceiling.

Yesterday afternoon, I made the decision that it was time to get a new iPhone.  I bought my iPhone 3GS in November 2009.  I had a Blackberry and was finally ready to get an iPhone.  Of course, I fell in love with it and all of the cool things I could do with it.  Now, it is incredibly slow and causing me some heart burn.

I went to the store to get the phone because I did not want to order over the internet.  I know that sounds odd coming from me, but I have an unlimited data plan and I wanted that grandfathered into my new contract.  I know that there have been issues with that, so I wanted to avoid any confusion.

Unfortunately, while the store had iPhone 5S in stock, the store did not have the 64Gb that I wanted.  I was hesitant to order it, but the store representative assured me that they would make sure that my unlimited data plan would stay intact.  She got a store salesman to help me place the order.  Oh - My -God!  He was tall, quite handsome, and very pleasant.  He helped me get the phone ordered and I was on my way out the door.  Still, I had gotten myself hung up over this guy.

I hate it when that happens to me.  On one hand, it reassures me that I am not dead.  (LOL)  The downside is that I have to go through that whole "Now, stop it!  He was only helping you order the phone you wanted.  He would not be interested in you.  Besides that - you could be old enough to be his mother!"  Then, comes the whole discussion with God regarding what is the "plan" for me. 

So, time to go figure out the rest of this weekend and how to get through the next week...

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

greatness is your birthright.

Who are You to shine brighter than others? Who are You to take a step forward when others are shrinking back? Who are You to make others feel insecure with your greatness? You are a child of God. Take a step forward, shine bright, - inspire others with your light to their own greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment