Sunday, July 3, 2016

Two Months of Cleaning...

While being on vacation the week of my birthday, I realized that there was no way I was going to get any cleaning done that week.  Most of it had been spent running to Oklahoma to WinStar and the other half was spent going to Arlington for the dogs.

This week, I took Friday and Tuesday off to have an extra long holiday vacation.  I rarely do that.  You have to realize, I have 5.5 weeks of vacation to burn.  At this point, I only have 13 days left to burn.  Next year, I will get an extra week of vacation - 6.5 weeks.  It is more time than most of my peers in my current group.  I realized that last year when by October, I had 19 days to burn.  That made the end of the year pretty awkward.

Anyway, I ended up having to work half the day on Friday due to an issue that erupted on the last day of June.  I have to work probably half a day on Tuesday as well.  It is really sort of obscene - I am expected to provide information and I have already stated that I am supposed to be out on vacation.  This is the behavior that really irritates me, but that is another rant.

Let me just be flat out honest - my ability to clean has been dramatically decreased since all of the physical issues.  Yesterday, my back caused me a lot of grief and all I was doing was washing dishes to put into the dishwasher.  This is ridiculous!  I will have to make an appointment to see my podiatrist regarding my left foot.  I can wiggle my toes, but the heel hurts like hell a lot of the time.  I have been trying to ice it as well as baby it.  Unfortunate part is that I have to walk the dogs.   

Next, the summer heat.  Yes, I am a total wuss when it comes to the Texas summer heat.  I would rather stay inside and feel like an ice cube.  I melt when I go outside for anything.  My only regret for getting my hair colored yesterday was doing it during the summer.  I can see areas that do not have color due to my sweating so much.  Oh my goodnessI got onto the scale the other day and I had lost 12.5 lbs.  It was an amazing feat, but I can tell you, that was water.

My weekends, I always have to go to the grocery store.  By the time I get home, get the dogs settled, I am exhausted from the heat.  Dogs love it because that means I go into seclusion in my bedroom and everyone loves bed.

Originally, I decided that July would be the month of cleaning.  On my way home from getting my hair done, I realized that nothing ever goes as I planned.  So, why not make it two months of cleaning - July and August?  My physical health needs a new overhaul.  My apartment is a huge mess.  I know these things.  However, change does not happen overnight.  Also, I do not have to abide by someone else's schedule on when I need to get things done.  

So, make time to do the cleaning that needs to be done.  Plan and do not get discouraged.   

No comments:

Post a Comment