Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pondering the Right Choice...

I am so notorious for over scheduling myself for too many on-line courses.  I had done it again, but I sat and thought for awhile about the right thing to do this time.  I have signed up for this Python course through out the year and there was always something coming up where I just could not keep up.  This time, I let the beginning of the course get away from me, so I am behind, again.

Last weekend, I realized there was no way I could get the homework done.  I had thought to just give up again - why not?  I keep doing the same thing over and over.  It was then that I said - Okay - so you do not get the first few homeworks done on time.  You are taking this course in "audit" mode.  You are not paying for it and whatever grade you do get won't hurt any GPA you may have.  Why not just stick it out and learn what you can?  

So, I dropped the Apache Spark course.  Seemed like there was a prerequisite that I needed to take, so I figured, there was not much loss there.  The College Algebra course is self-paced, so I have a year to complete that.  I usually go back to that with a fresh mind and complete 20-40 lessons at a time.  So, I am trying to stick it out in this Python course and learn something.  I won't give up.  I may take it again in the fall when the course is offered for Python 3.5, rather than Python 2.7.  

The point for me is to stick to it and not give up.  Seems to be the one thing I do so much.  I work on my weight and such, then give up when the situation is not perfect or doing what I expect.  I have a hard time sticking to it.  I just have to really apply myself and not be so hard on myself when there set backs.  That is to happen - nothing rarely works as the "happy path."

I need to realize - nothing is perfect in the world.  Nothing just happens as planned - there are always things that get in the way.  However, I need to continue focusing on what I want to get done and keep trying.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment