Sunday, June 26, 2016

Unnerving End of the Weekend...

Last Sunday, I took Bo and Chloe to be boarded at Chloe's vet's office.  The place is opened 24 hours a day and I felt comfortable with both dogs being there.  My feelings were that if anything were to happen, someone would be there to assist.  It is a HUGE sense of comfort for me.

On Wednesday evening, I drove over to pick both dogs up and take them home.  I paid for having them boarded by both dogs throwing a fit in the car and my having to stop in not so nice areas of DFW for them to potty.  Chloe, at the time, seemed to really be pissy about the situation.

Before going to dinner on Thursday evening, I noticed that Chloe seemed to have some tummy trouble.  I gave her an extra Cerenia pill to see if that might help.  Next day, she seemed a bit better, but by the evening, she was still having some issues.

Yesterday, she was no better.  In fact, after I returned from getting breakfast, Chloe was trying to tell me something really important.  After I put everything down, I was not sure where she was, so I headed down the stairs.  There she was, pooping.  And it was not very firm at all.

I grabbed the Clorox wipes, baby wipes, and a trash bag.  I cleaned up Chloe quickly, then cleaned up the tile floor.  I told Chloe I was not upset and where she had done this was perfectly fine - in fact, easier to clean up than even in the grass.  I headed her back outside for another round of upset tummy.  I felt awful for her, so I tried to give her another Cerenia pill and went to lie down with her.  

Around 1:30 PM, she needed back out and the situation was no better.  I figured I had about 2-3 hours between poop sessions, so I could make it to her vet's office to get her some better meds.  So, off to her vet's we all went.

I was blessed with the fact that both dogs slept on the way to the vet's office and on the way back.  Believe me, it is a long trip to take - about an hour drive - and I hate having to exit in BFE to figure out where to let them go to the bathroom.

Seems that maybe the boarding stressed Chloe out too much.  She got some meds and while I was there, I asked for a refill on the Cerenia.  Once I got everyone home, I gave Chloe her meds, then we all went to rest on the bed.

All of that activity did nothing for my left foot, but I tried to baby it as much as I could when I got home.  Right now, the heel hurts, so I figure I popped the plantar fasciitis tendon.  Not always pleasant, however, thankful my back is not hurting.  There is another blessing.

Chloe appears to be doing better today.  I am happy about that.  I may not be able to board the dogs again after this incident.  I hate it when she gets stressed out.  Bo, on the other hand, he is always a happy little camper.  So, he is fine.

I did not manage to get much done Thursday, Friday, or yesterday.  I hope to get a few things done around the apartment today.  Mainly, I have to do some grocery shopping, which my foot is not going to care for much at all.  However, it must be done.  I think I will pick up something for lunch on my way back home.  Today, I will make out my "to do" plan for the week.  I have scheduled for an extra long weekend - taking this Friday and next Tuesday off from work.  Perhaps, I can get more done this way.  Praying for little to no back pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment