Sunday, October 22, 2017

YouTube Content Creators Representing Dallas...

So, on some level, this is probably out of my demographic.  Yet, I am a single woman and I love makeup.  There is no denying that fact.  I was not born and raised in the DFW area, but I have come to call this place home.

I have spent a good amount of time watching various videos on YouTube.  Long enough to form an opinion about a few of the creators.  One in particular really gets under my skin, so much so that I had to unsubscribe.  She lives in the DFW area, but man, she does nothing but complain about how Dallas does not have this or that.

This lady is much younger than me, has kids, and on the search for that elusive "Prince Charming."  When she goes out, she takes the viewers out to swanky places in Dallas that are prime "seen and been seen places."  On the flip side, she will go on and on about how she is not happy here.  For all the swank, she never goes out of her way to really find the cool hole-in-the-wall places.  Not even sure she made it to the State Fair, which in itself, is a pretty interesting thing to do this time of the year.

She has had good fortune on obtaining an invitation to be part of a team that is developing makeup for one of the beauty companies in the area.  However, when watching the team introduction, she mentioned that she was from her hometown, living in Dallas.  *sigh*

I get being homesick.  Most people go through all of that - I had more than my fair share of it when I was a young child.  However, you spend your time wanting to be wined and dined, but never get out to see the things that the city and surrounding communities have to offer.  I find that so sad because there is Bishop Arts, Deep Ellum, Plano, Frisco, The Colony, Fort Worth, Grapevine/Southlake, Lewisville, Denton, and so many other places that are full of so much art, culture, and activities.

I would love to find someone who was her age and really showing off the various places in the area.  I would like to see this young woman get out of her shell and honestly become friends with more people.  Perhaps, that would help her get better adjusted and see the city for the good that it has.  Not just can it at every corner because it not like "home."

Remember:  "You're not in Kansas, anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment