Monday, October 1, 2018

Hello, October! I Have Been Waiting for You...

This past summer has been a beast. Between dealing with the heat outside, I also had to deal with poor a/c unit not working. I complained that the unit was having issues in early June, but no one seemed to care about looking at the issue. By July, the apartment temperature started reaching 85 to 90 degrees. I was pretty angry about that because nothing was getting done.

In July, I purchased a portable a/c unit from Home Depot. It was not a window unit, as I was used to having. However, the little unit did a good job under the circumstances. I still use it to keep my bedroom cool. Bo loves it because he will lay right in the line of where the cool air is blowing.

The past week, even though it has rained quite a bit, the weather outside has been a bit cooler. The only part I do not like is the high humidity. I need to work on determining a good makeup regime where I can wear some sort of foundation without it melting off my face. Nothing worse than putting on makeup and watching it just melt before your eyes.

However, today is the first day of October. I know that the weather may not be fitting for "fall" today or part of this week. I do hope that as the days go by, the weather will cool off more and be more pleasant. At least, be cool enough for me not to break into a sweat all of the time.

With that being said, everyone have a beautiful October 1st. Go and enjoy whatever Pumpkin Spice items you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment