Thursday, May 19, 2011

Melissa's work is never done...

Oddly enough, that seems to be the story of my life.  I manage to get some things done, but a majority time, I have projects that are constantly "works in progress" and takes time to get back around to completing.  The most frustrating part of all of this is either becoming ill, dealing with the dogs, and work.  There is very little "me" time and the sick part of it - I actually want to get these things completed.

Right now, I am trying to reorganize myself and my time.  I see things that take more time than they should and I want to locate ways of streamlining those tasks.  One such task is doing my weekly status report.  On a daily basis, I get over 400+ emails.  It is a daunting task to go through all of that just to put together "everything I did this week and here are my projects."  I found a couple of applications that I am going to try out to help me out.

First, Task Coach.  I came upon that when I was running my Fedora Core 14 instance.  I found that there is a Windows version as well as a portable version that I can put on my portable drive.  I downloaded the Windows version and started playing around with it.  I think that might help a lot with the projects and such at work.  The nice part is I may be able to copy and paste a lot of that I put in Task Coach and place into the group's status report format.

For my summer continuing education courses, I have started setting up MS OneNote.  I have played around with OneNote, but really have not put any "effort" into using it.  I am also toying around with the idea of setting up a "Health Notebook" to keep up with my diabetes and track what I eat.

Right now, I am trying to work on my most major of projects - cleaning my apartment.  Talk about an overwhelming task.  I was doing pretty well with keeping the place clean on the weekends, but "life" got in the way.  Now, I am trying to do what I can to straighten up and make it less messy.  Wish me well - I know I won't get it completed as I spent most of my time being ill or having to check on work issues.  However, I am going to give it a damn good try.  Maybe, when my father comes to visit, he will notice a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment