Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ever Wonder...

Ever wonder when life is handing a bunch of lemons, but there is no water or sugar to make lemonade, what do you do?  I have been having those kinds of days lately.  

Not everything stays young or remains the same.  With time, our bodies change and the simplest things we take for granted are lost.  I recently realized Chloe can no longer hear.  I suppose that explains why she sticks to me like glue when I am at home.

Her deafness became more apparent after I had taken her to the vet to get her ears checked.  The vet's office stated that they had to clean out her ears, then pack them with an antibiotic.  Since that time, she does not respond to anything.  

I tried several things to get her attention, but nothing.  I am taking her back to the vet's office to ask about the ear cleaning business and the affect it has had on her.  However, today, I cried.  I cannot even imagine what she must thinking because she can not hear.  Always sitting by my side and looking at me and I talk to her, but she cannot hear.  It really tore me up to say the least.

I have been under a lot of unnecessary stress at work.  I am trying to rectify a problem that someone caused and the whole thing is just getting more messy.  I am more puzzled that the issue even happened, but it is what it is.  I do not have to like it, but it is frustrating that one issue has evolved after another.

I noticed that the stress was getting the better of me.  I have chewed off most of my fingernails and I have been overeating.  It is something I need to correct.

Next week, I am taking a week off from work.  Time to really work on clearing out the apartment of excess stuff.  It may not be "minimalist" clean, but it is a start.  It is just time to clear everything.  

One other thing I think I will start doing is just getting my bills via email.  If a creditor or the bank allows it, I will just have my bills and such emailed to me.  Majority of my paper coming into the apartment is bills.  I have a couple of subscriptions that I cannot seem to rid myself.  Not even sure how they got started.  I am tired of Allure and Glamour magazine.  I did not want them in the first place.  The Prevention and Diabetic Living magazine subscriptions I have are on the Kindle.  Right now, I can afford electronic clutter.  It is easier to delete those emails and not worry about someone digging through my trash.

Maybe I can finally get a reboot going on and move on with improving my life.  I was quite happy to have a former boss telling me that since my job change, I seem much happier.  That makes him very happy as well.  He is moving to a new position within the corporation.  I hate for him to leave - loved working for him from 2002 to 2011.  

Chloe is telling me it is time to hit the hay.  My quiet time to mull over what I should do and how to go about it before falling asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment