Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sad week...

Tuesday morning, my aunt called looking for my father.  As it happened, my father had spent the night at my apartment in order to be here to help his girlfriend.  My other aunt, the oldest sister (my father is the oldest and this sister was the 3rd oldest), had passed away.  She had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and was in the process of doing chemo and radiation therapy. 

Unfortunately, the cancer was not what killed her.  It would seem that she was having a violent vomiting attack and tore something or maybe had an ulcer.  She bled out and there was blood everywhere.  I feel awful hearing this because it was such a difficult way to die.

I have been trying to get my blood sugar down for days.  At one point, I had it down to 186, but I had not eaten anything that day.  I am trying to eat breakfast and get in the smaller snacks into my day.  However, I have got to tell my co-worker that I am tired of going out to eat.  It is expensive and there are not much choices.  I do not want to eat salad every stinking day and NO I do not want to eat at The Cheesecake Factory.

This week, with my aunt's passing and that bringing up all sorts of issues, I have been just giving up and I know better.  Today, I am going to whip up some tuna salad for a tuna salad sandwich.  I need to go to Whole Foods and pick up some chicken salad.  I really cannot handle the fried foods during the summer.  The fried foods just sit in my stomach and make me feel really bloated.

This weekend, I really need to get this place whipped back into shape.  I am going to concentrate doing laundry and cleaning the apartment as well as doing homework.

Time to get breakfast and ready for work.  Dogs need fresh water, meds, and their breakfast.  Will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment