Monday, November 12, 2012

Nasty Politics...

All my life, politics has never been my strong suit.  When it comes to religion and politics, I listen to various points of view, but I just do not try to be that engaging.  Should I oppose one's views, the conversation always turns nasty, so I tread lightly.

Election Day has come and past, but still there is a lot of rhetoric.  Those of you whose candidate won, congratulations.  Those of you whose candidate lost, maybe next time, but in the mean time, get involved with your party and find ways to better help that person win that position.  The whole thing is done - either you are happy or not thrilled, but life goes on and we must manage.

I doubt that will make a dent in anyone's attitude, but it is how we all should act.  I willingly admit I did not follow the election process as I had wanted to do.  I knew I did not have all of the facts and mainly that is because there are so many other things going on in my life.  My current thoughts are to see what happens with the next set of elections due in 2 years.  I know there will be some changes at that time.  Once those are over, there is another chance to be more informed.

In other news, I did manage to sign up for the distance learning course, "Introduction to Oracle."  I am taking the course so that I can refresh myself on using SQL and learn more about the Oracle DB system.  Next, I will take the intermediate course.  I like the distance learning courses because they are inexpensive and I can work on the courses on my own time - I do not have to be in class to do it.  That takes a lot of wear and tear off of me.

I do wish to go back and take courses at UNT to complete my degree.  I honestly love going to school.  I know - I am a real sicko, but I like being with the younger generation as well as learning so many new things.  I get such a thrill to be there - I have so much motivation.  It allows me to open my eyes to new concepts, where I do not get to see that sort of thing elsewhere.

Today - God wants me to know:

On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know ... that today is a whole day for you to do good.
What you do today is important because you are exchanging a whole day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; and in its place will be something that you had left behind... let it be something good.
 
I try to do good every day.  I like being able to go to bed feeling that something good came out of whatever I did that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment