Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day - 2013...

Chloe kicked me until I finally got up and took Bo and her out for a walk around 6:30 AM.  After we returned, we all went back to bed.  I just wanted to get the extra rest.  Unfortunately, I did not go back to sleep immediately - I had to play Words with Friends, then level up with Candy Crush Saga.  After that, I finally fell back to sleep.

Friday and Saturday, I pretty much "devoured" the latest Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" book.  Dead Ever After is the supposed final book in the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series.  I think my mom would be surprised I read through that book as quickly as I did.  When I read for enjoyment, I can pretty much get through most books.  If the book is slow or complicated, I will lose my interest.  I remember being sick in 2003 or 2004.  I laid in bed and read about 3 James Patterson books.

While I adore my iPad (1st generation), I enjoyed reading the book on my 7" Kindle Fire.  The small size made it a bit more flexible to read.  I do love how I can read to a certain point on the Kindle, then, read on the iPad and the system syncs up where I last ended. 

I have spend the past few days thinking about my mom.  It is difficult to believe it has been 3 1/2 years since she passed away.  I think about her every day.  There are days I wish I could just talk to her to feel better about what is going on in my life.  Even when she irritated with me, she would help me see the right way.

In celebration of Mother's Day, I decided to bake a coca cola cake.  It was a recipe that she would bake so often and I loved it.  Later, I will go pick up some fried chicken and make green beans and some creamed cauliflower and slice up some tomatoes for dinner.  The chicken would be a bad choice, but my mom always wanted to have that sort of dinner on her deck my father built in 1992.  She always wanted to have a nice meal outside and just enjoy the weather and such. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment