Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hot Days Ahead...

Weather is so unpredictable.  Tornadoes ripped through towns like Granbury, Cleburne, and Moore, OK - which was far from being "OK".  I remember telling someone that with hurricanes and the like, you pretty much have some warning.  Tornadoes are just a very unpredictable creature and the havoc it wrecks is rarely ever recoverable.  Sure, people have insurance to get their homes rebuilt and such, but I am talking about the lives the tornadoes touch as well as take.

It is either me or the humidity, but I have decided that I will have to start taking two baths a day.  One bath for tackling the day.  The second bath just to cool down in order to get some good rest.  When I walk the dogs, I start sweating and feeling all kinds of nasty.  When I go to bed at night, I just toss and turn and I am either hot or cold.  My luck, I could be starting menopause - ACK!  NO!  (Actually, I could do without the hormonal changes.)

I am advancing my efforts to look for another job.  I have forwarded my resume to 2 professional headhunters.  An incident occurred this week where I felt that "Enough is enough."  I do not feel I am adding much to the department and I see more and more stuff being given to other people.  Honestly, it is the same old stuff, but disguised as "Oooooo...new project."  Not really.  New application, same configuration/set up.

Last weekend, I spent Saturday and Sunday working on emptying out storage units by my parents' house.  According to my father, the rent is going up and it is an "albatross" hanging around our necks.  My father has bought a new shed with a loft.  He plans on putting my mom's Christmas stuff up there and place other things down where he can reach it. 

I found my freshman, sophomore, and junior yearbooks on Saturday.  All three were still in pretty good shape, so I brought those home.  I flipped through them and read what everyone had signed.  I laughed and cried.  It was good to reflect.

We gathered about 5 plastic bags full of clothes to take to the center in Crowley.  I am sure they were glad to get the clothes.  My father's girlfriend made some comment about having so many clothes.  I get why we had so many clothes.  When my mom was growing up, she never had enough clothes.  Also, there was always "I have gained/lost weight to get into those - I will save them for next time."  I had found a dress I used to wear in 1991.  I loved it, but there is no way I could fit into now.  I put it in the donation bag and said "I am going to let someone love it."

I got a flyer in the mail for some homes built in Little Elm.  I only wish I had the money to put down for a home.  The floor plans would work out so well for me and having a good backyard for the dogs would be a blessing.  Just the few days I spent at my father's house this weekend was pretty relaxing because I would just open the door and the dogs would go in and out as they pleased.  It was nice not to have to walk them all of the time.

I think I am getting better at leaving well enough alone.  When it comes to the pager, I try not to look at it unless I am on-call.  Learning how to better let go.

Today's Message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

it's good to express your feelings.

Don't hold your feelings in, suppressed they will just poison your well being. Have the courage to express them, in intelligent ways of course.

I think that is part of my problem - if I express my feelings, I will probably express too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment