Sunday, July 21, 2013

Work It!

Spending some time watching the final stage of the Tour de France while cleaning the apartment.  I have been following the TDF for a good part of July and it simply mesmerizes me.  The beauty of the French countryside and how incredibly fluid the racers glide through the various twists and turns.

I realize that many people have decided to quit following such races due to the "doping" issues.  Perhaps, it is just the underdog mentality I have, but people should continue supporting such events.  Every sport has its issues and cycling has its own.  The organizers just have to continue sorting out all of those issues and how to address them properly.

Still, watching the race has been very interesting for me.

Yesterday, I did not get much done because my dog, Chloe, became very demanding for attention.  Bo, in his own way, had some physical issues that had started on Friday evening.  Therefore, he was needy in a different manner.  I spent most of my time in bed with the dogs sleeping.  I would end up falling asleep from time to time.  All in all, nothing got done in the apartment that needed to be done.

Technical Geekiness:

Somewhere in my brain, I had the idea of getting an iPod Nano and leaving it connected in my car.  I purchased one and got my music loaded on it.  I was very fascinated with how much the Nano has changed since my first iPod Mini.  The one thing I did not realize was that the new Nano was using the "lightning" adapter.  This is completely different from the 30 pin connector that all previous iPods, iPads, and iPhones had used.  Well, crap - did this mean the ending of being able to use the new iPod? 

I tried connecting it directly using the USB port, but the only music the radio picked up was the MP3 files.  Those had weird names attached to them and there were only 3.  I did some research and found that I could get a lightning to 30 pin connecter device.  I knew there was a cable when the iPhone 5 was released, but this little device was not a cable - it allowed the user to plug in the lightning adapter connector into the device and the 30 pin adapter cable could plug into the other end of the device.  I found those and the cable at Best Buy.  I purchased two devices and one cable.  Once I busted open the device and connected it, life had returned back to how it should be.  I could see all of my playlists as well as being able to switch songs via the controls on my steering wheel.  It was great.

Another device that I have found very helpful in both kitchen and bathroom cleaning is the Sonic Scrubber.  I have two , one for the kitchen and the other for the bathroom.  When I have trouble getting a spot clean, I get the sonic scrubber and it takes care of the issue.  I have been very impressed with the device for years.  It is amazing how well it really takes care of cleaning those hard to reach areas.  You can get the Rubbermaid equivalent from Target and it works just as well.

Time to get back to working on the apartment, then run over to the grocery store to get some extra items.  I plan on roasting some salmon with potatoes and mushrooms, then have a salad with that.  I also need some more eggs.  The most of the eggs I had in the refrigerator went bad - I can tell as I put them in a pot of water and they floated to the top.  I had only 5 eggs that were still good.  I am so glad that my mom shared that trick with me.  It really helps when I have had eggs for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment