Saturday, August 31, 2013

Taking a Page from the Old Days...

When I moved to Texas, one of the AM radio stations would play old radio show classics.  My parents and I would turn off the TV and listen to the shows on the radio.  Listening to the old shows, it would allow my imagination to run wild.  Like reading a book, you used your imagination to mold the characters and scenery.

Back in 2004, I became a fan of James Purefoy after watching his performance in Vanity Fair.  I noticed that he was doing a radio show for the BBC 4 today.  Luckily, my Logitech Squeezebox system allowed me to access the BBC radio stations, so while I rested in bed, I listened to the radio show.

I spend a lot of time listening to "talk radio" of one form or fashion.  Most of the time, it is for the background noise while I work.  One way to keep myself up to date on the current events, just listening to the radio.  I moved over to internet radio a couple of years ago.  I have had some issues with streaming from time to time, but in general, I have been pretty happy with it.

I wish there were more radio shows like this here in the US.  I know that there are audio books, but this is so much different.  Audio books have maybe two or three readers, but with a radio show, it adds a bit more.

If you are interesting in trying it out, here is a link to the replay of The Sporting Life:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038p8h9

No comments:

Post a Comment