Saturday, August 31, 2013

Trying to Get Over the Muck and Writing...

Two weeks ago, I worked an all night release.  I got to bed at 4:00 AM, then was back up for more work by 8 AM.  At that point, I had a sore throat.

I finally got free of the sore throat by Tuesday, but was carrying around a runny nose, congestion, and a nasty cough.  My ailments were not getting much better as the days went by and I had another work release to do the next weekend as well as on-call.

I tried to see the doctor, but each time, my doctor's office was always booked.  Finally, on Wednesday, I headed to CareNow.  I was tired of waiting and feeling badly.  The doctor there determined I had an upper respiratory infection.  I worked from home the rest of the week and tried to rest as much as I could.  Unfortunately, that was not going to happen as each application seem to need an emergency code push just about every night, so that meant late nights each day.

Today, I tried to rest as much as I could.  I did have to run the dogs outside, but in generally, both dogs were happy to stay in bed with me while I tried to get some rest.

My blood sugar last week was off the charts, but this week, the numbers are much lower.  Most are under 170 - generally, hovering around 130.  To be honest, I am quite happy about that.

Last night, before going to bed, I tried working on writing an book.  I thought I would give writing a book a shot simply to get some of these ideas out of my head.  I feel like I have something to say and I need to get it out of my system.  It is more about the "story" than anything else.  Maybe, writing will help me think more clearly or help me emotionally - get out those emotions I have been holding.

I only got one chapter done last night, but it felt good to get all of that out on the iPad.  I had a lot of emotion running through my mind.  Maybe this is the right therapy for me, like Watson in Sherlock.  In Sherlock, John Watson's therapist suggests that he create a blog and write.  Granted, Watson writes about his adventures with Sherlock, but the writing helps him with the issues he has from the war.  I have not been in a war, but I think writing may help in a constructive way.

I would like to congratulate RandomCathy for her new book, The Vegan Teen Cookbook.  I am very excited for her and if you are interested in checking it out, here is the link:

https://www.createspace.com/4403277?ref=1147694&utm_id=6026&cp=70170000000bqKn&ls=Social_Media&sls=FB_Like

No comments:

Post a Comment