Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Month and New Goals...

It is the first of September.  Time to start fresh again and make some new minor goals.  Try to whittle away at the clutter in my apartment as well as my own weight.  Try to regain more patience, rather than losing it. 

Also, I need to try a spending fast.  Granted, I went to the drug store several times in vain to get things that would help me feel better.  However, I prepared dinner and ate either freshly made or left over meals.  That actually made me feel better because I was not spending $10-$20 for lunch and dinner.  I like that savings and I know exactly what was in my meals.  I ate better and the results show in my blood sugar readings.  Heaven only knows how difficult it has been for me to keep my numbers down.

During the week, my friend with Type 2 diabetes told me that her blood sugar number at the doctor's office was high.  She claimed that she ate healthy the next day and her numbers were down, so she went to one of the fancy grocery stores to stock up on veggies, hummus, and eggs.  The part that blew me away was the statement that the next time we went to dinner, she wanted us to go to healthy places to eat - places where she could have a salad with boiled egg.

That blew me away because every place we went to eat, there was a healthy choice to be made.  I realize that I can be weak on selecting the poor choices.  However, I made the choice and was responsible for the results.  I should have said that, but being ill, I just did not want the hassle.  It really agitated me that it seemed the statement about dinner places was directed towards me.  Not sure really what to do at this point.

Since I have an extra day due to the Labor Day weekend, I am going to work on the kitchen and living room.  I did not get much done yesterday as I spent most of it in bed sleeping.  I suppose I really needed the extra rest.  The downside to sleeping most of the day away was around 1:30 AM, I was wide awake.  Luckily, I had fallen sleep watching 'Allo, 'Allo on KERA and it was showing a new series on Mystery Theater called Silk

Silk is about a British law firm.  Two of the main lawyers, a man and a woman, are up for "Silk" (QC robes are made of silk) or QC (Queen's Counsel).  The series actually follows along the female applicant, Martha Costello.  I find the series interesting because it is a view on how the British courts and law works.  The show kept my interest, so I am looking forward to watching the next episode playing at 8 PM tonight.

Hoping that the rest of the weekend stays calm and quiet.  Quicker I get better, the quicker I can get back on my feet and get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment