Monday, September 9, 2013

Working on Feeling More Upbeat...

I got a compliment today.  One of my co-workers came by to see how I was doing since the illness.  She said I actually sounded better.  I told her I felt better, but still have some lingering symptoms.  I stated that it was probably because of my allergies.  At that point, we both laughed and talked about our various allergy issues.

I am trying to see the positive in everything.  Some situations, no matter what I do, it is just going to be negative.  So, I am trying to ignore those.

I am always working on my blood sugar.  Today, I have been lucky.  Measurements are ranging around 120 - 155, which is good.  I really want to focus on what planning out meals.  I went to the grocery store this Sunday and bought those items I need to make the following meals:

  • Jambalaya
  • Hungarian Chicken Goulash
  • Hamburgers
For the hamburgers, rather than picking up a package of hamburger buns, I got the sandwich rounds.  Less bread helps my blood sugar.  Jambalaya is my celebration of having been in NOLA last year.  I so want to go back there soon.  I would love to spend 4 days running about the French Quarter and the Garden District.  The one bad side, I would love try all of the various foods.  I am thankful that I do not have to have all fried.  I know that is most popular, but I love grilled/broiled/boiled seafood as well.

Hungarian Chicken Goulash is my comfort food for when I think of my mother.  I cannot tell you how many times she wanted me to make that for her during her last days.  She loved that meal and really was thrilled when I would make it.  At one point, she said that I made it better than her.  I said that there was only one really great cook and that was her.  I could only aspire to be as good as her.  That part is very true.  I can only hope to be as good of a cook as she was.

I think that by planning out the meals for the week, that helps with making the right decisions.  As I have said many times, cooking meals helps me know exactly what is in the meal.  There is no guessing work involved.  That makes life a lot easier.

My problem is that I never do a good job of planning out meals.  I bought a crock pot, which I have used many times, to help with cooking meals.  However, I never seem to get that part working for me.  Obviously, another project that I need to put down on my "To Do" list.

Speaking of "To Do" lists, I worked on creating a personal journal on my iPad the other day.  I put in all of my long term goals, those things I want to work on changing about myself, and create a journal of those things I would love to say publicly, but better not.  I think that this is a good release.  My goal is to better myself internally as well as externally.  Write out what I am feeling and get it out of my system.

Then, again, I am probably more OCD than I need to be.  LOL

What God Wants Me To Know:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you can conquer your fears.

When fear is holding you back, don't give up. Even the bravest people feel afraid. Courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to go on in spite of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment