Friday, September 6, 2013

A Break from the Chaos...

Today, I was supposed to be in Fort Worth and should be having a colonoscopy about now.  With the upper respiratory infection, both the doctor and myself decided it would be best to postpone for a month.  Rather than go ahead and work, I decided the best thing was to take yesterday and today off from work.  Most of yesterday was spent dealing cleaning up the environments that were created and not done properly.  Today, I refuse to get dragged into all of that.

Lately, I have been fretting over my blood sugar, but for a different reason - too low.  Yep, I said it - my blood sugar levels have started to get too low.  Imagine that!  I have complained for years about not getting my numbers down low enough.  Now, I get the numbers low and am worried about going too low.

Starting on 8/29, my blood sugar numbers started to be much lower than normal.  Meaning, I was used to having my blood sugar numbers between 160 - 200.  When I was sick and not taking my meds, I hit between 300 and 400 - horrible, but I was battling with stress and illness at the same time. 

Since that time, I have watched my numbers lower down to between 130 - 150.  Next, my numbers lowered between 110 - 130.  This week, I have seen my numbers down to 74 - after eating calamari with a sweet and spicy Thai sauce, Grilled Flounder Del Rio, and Peanut Butter pie.  If anything, that pie should have spiked my blood sugar.  Before I left for dinner, my blood sugar was 105.  I got home and walked the dogs.  I started getting really shaky (mind you, having the lower numbers has caused me to be more shaky and the doctor said that my body is not used to the lower blood sugar - it has to adjust.).  I measured my blood sugar, it was 74.  I grabbed a juice and started drinking it.  Within 15 minutes, my blood sugar was raised to 91 and I started feeling a bit better.

It has been very weird.  I hate to complain about low numbers.  I have been concerned that maybe my meter was off, so I got another meter yesterday (different brand as well).  I measured my blood sugar with my normal meter and it was 88.  I measured with the new meter and it was 85.  That confirmed for me that my meter obviously was not broken.

I feel bad for worrying so much, but this is was something I figured I would never have to worry.  My blood sugar was always high, no matter how well I would eat.  Maybe I have finally found the right medication combination to keep my blood sugar low.

What are my plans for today?  I think it would be good to do a "clean and purge".  Work on making Bo and, more importantly, Chloe very happy - clear off the sofa, freshen it up, and put down some beach towels and blankets so that we all can enjoy TV together.  Also, get some laundry done.

Time to start all of those nice projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment