Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What is Next?

Okay, so I am 49 years old. 

A lot of people think I am younger than I look.  I know that those who have known me say that I have not changed that much since they knew me decades ago.  I also look a lot like my own mother.

But, what is next in life for me?  

In the area of personal relationships, is there a man out there for me?  Maybe.  Who knows?  I have already been told by someone that I will never marry because I am too independent.  I have to be independent out of necessity.  Sometimes, when you are on your own, it is what it is.  But, I refuse to allow that person's opinion to rule my life.

What have I never done?  

I had this discussion when I was part of a mini-reunion with women I hung out with in my middle and high school years.  I have always wanted to go on a cruise.  I would love to visit the United Kingdom, France, Italy, and Germany.  I would love to visit the wineries of California as well as seen the greatness of New York City.

I have always wanted to go to Montreal and be there for the yearly comedy festival.  I know that Denver has one, but Montreal sticks out in my mind the most.  I remember both HBO and Showtime spending time with the festival in Montreal.  First time I saw so many comedians, like Craig Ferguson.  At the time, he was named "Bing Hitler."  He was pretty strange, but brilliant.

I need to maintain my dedication on eating healthier.  Also, making sure I continue trying to get more exercise into my daily routine.  It has been difficult with the back issues.  Hoping that with the new PCP, something can be done for that and get away from the constant pain.  I am so fed up with that mess right now.  It is such a downer and makes me wonder if that is the reason why I feel I may be depressed.

One thing I need to do is get a passport.  If anything, it is a start.  Here is a bit of a dream vacation.  Go to New Orleans and take a cruise from there.  When I return, stay in New Orleans for a few more days and take in the sights and such.  I think that would be fun.  I probably have to plan that out a bit more, though.  Something to give thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment