Thursday, September 20, 2018

Health Update - Thus Far...

I admit, my health is an up and down situation. I find myself in stressful situations or not having enough time to devote to "self-care", it takes a dive. It is something I am not proud.

Around April, I took on managing production along with development. Not the best situation, but I was concerned with keeping my job. The company is on a lay-off spree or looking to move jobs off-shore, so I am trying to be on my toes. Just that alone is so stressful. You worry for yourself and have concerns for others that are affected by these decisions. 

What I have done is tried to journal my health journey. I have my pitfalls - such as the month of August and most of September lay in waste as I never seemed to have time to concentrate on me. The other part is the chronic pain with my back, legs, and knees. I do well to just get Bo outside for a quick walk. I have to stop and sit for a bit before we complete a good walk around the lower end of the complex. I hate it, to be perfectly honest. Walking with ease was the one thing I valued so much and it has been ripped away from me. I just do not get it.

I am trying to get back on the wagon to lose weight. I was pretty proud of myself for losing the 6 lbs, but I am sure I have gained it again. I just need to crack down again and stay there. I think with clearing some of the chaos out of the way in the apartment, as I am doing this week, that may help. Just to clear my mind and be able to focus on doing more "self care" regarding myself.

My blood sugar and such are high and that is another reason for trying to change my lifestyle and crack down on my "self-care." I am getting rather tired of hearing how my A1C is no longer accurate as I have kidney disease. Thanks, doctor for making me feel worse about my situation. I will say, my kidney doctor is a bit more positive - I am stable and he likes that.

I have a new primary care physician. I like her a lot and she has been really helpful with getting me out of my depression. I do not feel quite so anxious about things, but more helpful is the ability to just not care about the little things. I was getting so caught up in this little issue or another. It was just time to let that go - life is too short to care - if it needs to get done, it will. I am only one person and people need to recognize that.

As for the chronic back, leg, and knee pain, I ended up with a new orthopedic who basically is just writing out scripts for pain meds that do not work. I was also told to lose weight. Other than that, he is not doing much other than being condescending. So, that was another motivator for me to lose weight because if that did not fix my issue, I was going to slam him as a "quack."

My other solution is to contact Massage Envy and discuss with them about getting deep stretching. I read where others were having issues with chronic lower back pain and doing the stretching helped them. At one point, therapy was starting to help my back, but then, my knee went out on me. I do think that this is a good thing to look into, so I plan on calling Massage Envy to find out cost and so forth.

At this point, that is all the update I have. I will say, I do have a reward system for losing weight. Each month that I lose 4+ lbs, then I will add a charm to a Pandora bracelet. I need to buy my bracelet and first charm. From this day forward, work harder to lose the necessary weight, so I can look at my bracelet and feel proud of the work I have done.

I will keep you updated with how I am doing with journaling as well as the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment