Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Reboot...

Last night, I went to bed feeling pretty disappointed.  Not seeing much change in my weight and I know I have got to change that.  Maybe the dogs knew this was going on in my head or God, but I was up at 6 AM this morning.  I walked the dogs around 6:30 AM.  When I returned, I sat down and got my FitBit sync-ed up.  Next, I took the FitBit Aria scale and downloaded the software to get those readings uploaded to the FitBit website.

I admit, I was not happy to see I have gained another 2 lbs since my initial weigh-in of 307.  Good grief!  So, within the FitBit website, I set up my fitness goals.  I am starting small - just 10 lbs.  I reach that goal, reset for another 10 lbs.

Next, I set up my food goals.  Luckily, the goals here fit what the doctor wants me to work into my life.  Today's calorie goal is 1887 calories.  I just need to quit being OCD over numbers - no need to be exact. I need to get close to that goal.

I will have to log the foods I eat and enter in customized information.  For instance, I usually eat Sara Lee's 45 and Delightful bread.  That is not always in every calorie dictionary.  I am fine with that.

I also started logging my blood sugar levels here as well.  I figure - Why Not?  I have to poke my finger several times a day.  Put that data there so I can see it.

So, time to reboot my daily activity life and get more active!

(Whoa!  As the day progresses, the number of calories decrease!  LOL)

2 comments:

  1. I think it is FANTASTIC that you found a way to make this whole process geeky with the FitBit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, someone is always trying to make the process more interesting and helpful. One thing I have heard over and over during my time managing diabetes, getting in 10,000 steps a day. It is truly amazing how much you walk, but also, how much activity you need to add to reach 10,000 steps each day. Just like logging how much water you drink each day - you would be surprised on that one as well.

    ReplyDelete