Sunday, June 9, 2013

Doctor Update...

On Thursday, I went to the endocrinologist's office at Diabetes America.  My weight had not changed, so that was a downer.  The nurse asked me if I was taking blood pressure bills - I had taken my meds before going to bed.  Apparently, my blood pressure was a bit high.  Also, my blood sugar was 198 when they measured.

Apparently, that monthly deal started and when it does, everything goes up and I have tried everything to bring the numbers down.  At least, the nurses and doctor agreed - that really messes with your blood sugar.

After checking everything, the nutritionist/diabetes educator wants me to change my eating habits so that I have between 1500-1800 calories a day.  (I refuse to say "diet".)  Also, I really have to try harder to get exercise into my daily routine that will raise my heart rate.

The doctor increased the unit dosage for my 3 insulin pens.  Also, I will start a program of checking my blood sugar before eating and adding additional units when necessary.  It is a process that the doctor called "correcting."

So, I have checked Roku/Samsung/Sony streaming functionality for various fitness programs.  I was able to locate many that are free.  Again, rather than spend money on a gym membership, I need to take advantage of those things that are free and easily accessible.  I see no reason to spend additional dollars that will only be given out freely if I do not really use the memberships or watch videos.

I am not due into the doctor's office again until August.  This is going to be a long, hot summer.  I hope that I can see some definite changes by that time.  That might help me feel some accomplishment.

Today, I was fortunate to spend some time with Random Cathy.  I always leave our meetings on such a positive and high note.  I love meeting with friends where I can come away from it not only learning something new, but looking at situations and such in a different light.

Today's Message From God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

a new beginning is always possible.

Let the greening of the Earth in springtime be a sign for you that a new beginning is always possible, even after the longest, coldest, darkest winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment