Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What's Going On...

Last night, I fulfilled a bucket list item.  I went to see Fleetwood Mac.  Actually, I probably killed two birds with one stone.  I got to see Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks.  It was a wonderful show and it was great to see the band playing so well.  I think the song that captured the evening for me was "Landslide", in particular, the following chorus:

But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too

It is true - we are all getting older.  Still, it was a great way for me to go back in time with the memories associated with all of those songs.

This morning, I pondered why we even plan anything when people do no planning at all.  I get a bunch of messages about how something has to be upgraded.  My first question is "What are the timelines?"  With that, the reply is "There are no timelines."  Seriously?  You get a phone call and discuss things that need to be done, but you do not even properly plan?

I remember a time when I was working on building new production systems and my lead's manager was sitting with the DBA and me.  The DBA and I were joking about something during the planning session and the manager got upset.  She started in about how this was like building a house and it needed to be inspected and the such.  I explained what we had laid out for our blue print and went over it in order to show that we were not blowing off the planning.  We had discussed what needed to be done, how it needed to be done and such.  The manager relaxed once she realized we had been serious and planned.

So, what gets me is why is this behavior being accepted today?

Sometimes, I think I am too OCD for my own good.

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

God accepts even the smallest offerings of your devotion with great love.

The size of your offering does not matter to God. It is the attitude with which the offering is made that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment