Sunday, November 3, 2013

Strides in Making Changes That Matter...

I was going to start today's blog by going over all that is annoying me these days health wise.  Then, I decided - how positive is that?!  Not, really.  So, I am going to go over some of the positive things that I feel will make a difference.

My weight hovers between 302 to 311.  Last time I was weighed, it was 302, so that was an 8 lb loss.  My blood sugar numbers were high, but I was fighting a sinus infection.  After the appointment, I spent time thinking about what I am really doing.  Let's be honest - I have not gotten any more exercise into my routine.  That HAS TO CHANGE.  I have to make that change and I know I have said that in the past, but I feel that if I start exercising a bit more, then that will help knocking out the body aches and pains.

As for my diet, after the recent version release, I found myself getting food out a lot!  That is not only bad for me, but not great on the wallet, especially when I need to be saving.  I have a lot of left-overs in the freezer along with a lot of different meats.  My plan is to purge old food in the freezer and start cooking more. 

Another area in my diet that I think will make more strides in helping me be healthier and such is just start eating more vegetarian meals.  I still like to eat meat, but make more efforts in having more salads and have a vegetarian meal twice a week.  Even if I have soup and salad, that can be healthier for me than getting a hamburger and fries.

Also, cut back on the quantity of the food.  The other day, while watching a sports game, I saw Jack In The Box advertising the "Midnight Munchie Box".  Good grief!  Two tacos, mixed fries, and some huge sandwich as the main entree.  That is just too much food!  Makes me a bit sick to think about that. 

I am starting to cut back on sodas.  I am a HUGE soda drinker, especially diet sodas.  If I drink more water, that will  help flush out all of the bad stuff in my system.  Also, I love tea, so that is a great alternative when I get bored with water.  Today, as I will cook breakfast, I am going to make a pot of coffee.  That will be better for me because I am not heading to Starbucks for a $4.00 latte.  Also, I found that Powerade Zero is great tasting and I do like that drink.  Basically, it is like flavored water with no calories, so that is a bonus for me.

Those are the things I have on my calendar to change for this month.  It is said that it takes a month to break a bad habit.  Well, now, I am going to take that time to break some bad habits this month.  These changes will help me see some physical changes and that will help me continue on the right path.  

In other news, I finally upgraded my iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 5S.  So far, I like the new phone.  I really like the fingerprint security.  I still need to rearrange the apps on the phone.  I want to move the more frequently used apps to the first couple of pages, then games and such elsewhere.

I am trying hard to make as many Stars games as I can.  I have found juggling getting the dogs walked and out the door can be quite a challenge, even more so when I am exhausted.  Another reason to make health changes.  That and I saw someone take a picture of themselves with me in the background - I did not like what I saw.

So, I hope I posted a positive entry today and everyone has a great week!

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

prayer is not a ritualized mumbling of words but a song of thanksgiving or a dance of praise; it is anguished cries or pleas from a yearning heart.

If your prayer has no emotion, it has no power. God wants to know how you feel. God wants to hear what's in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment