Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Shaking It Off...

As of late, I am trying to learn the art of "shaking it off."  "IT" being whatever is messing with my mind and just won't leave.  That "IT" that irritates and makes me angry.  Life is too short to allow "IT" to take residence in my mind.

What are the "IT" things that I have issues shaking off:

  • A person trying to constantly get something for free for whatever reason.  One in particular was supposed to do something and it looks like that is not going to happen.  However, had the gall to ask if a couple of other people could attend this event without paying for them as well.  Yeah - that pissed me off.
  • Certain people who work in the area I do and presume that my new position requires that I do production support.  Apparently, a year ago, they did not read the memo that was sent out by senior management where this group was looking for someone to work in the "development area" - NO PRODUCTION SUPPORT.  I find it annoying how some people truly assume something without no knowledge.
  • The person that always has an excuse for not attending meetings, but you have to depend on that person for something.  If you volunteer, then you need to make some effort.  I am getting good at washing my hands of that matter.  I did not assign that person the task and letting the person that did handle it.
  • Apartment complex does not believe that a chirping smoke alarm is a priority and it can wait three business days before changing out the battery in my apartment.  The two in question are located at the top of a vaulted ceiling and I cannot reach them.  It is pertinent that these are changed in a timely manner because the sound hurts my dogs' ears.  It is important enough for me to pay $45 + tip for someone to come out on a Sunday to change the batteries.  I think it would be greatly appreciated to have that amount taken out of my monthly rent.
  • This one is on me - enduring pain in my legs because they are not strong enough to handle the nth number of times I had to do squats with my trainer.  I am sure I did about 60 to 70 squats the other day with the trainer.  It took about 4 days before the pain would subside.  When that happens, I am not motivated to continue working out.
I need to learn that these things are all part of life and I need not to spend a whole lot of time dwelling on them.  Some of them, as I pointed out, I am starting to get the "shake it off" perspective.  Mainly because either I can do something about it or if I cannot, then it is someone else's burden to manage.  Why should I spend time dealing with it?

Time to get the ugliness out of residence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment