Monday, September 29, 2014

The Struggle Is Real...

Ugh - my weight is just about where it was at the beginning of the year.  I did it to myself - no one else.  I will say that life has gotten increasingly insane starting in March.  My hope is that after this whirlwind week, ending with the class reunion, life will start returning to normal.  Okay - as normal as normal can be.  Hockey season starts on October 9th.  That will definitely cause some chaos in my life.

Speaking of hockey, I noticed that the games are mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Guess what I usually do on Tuesdays and Thursdays - work out with my personal trainer.  My trainer only works at the Y on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so that adds a bit more complexity to my situation.  However, I may still be able to make this work by going in earlier in the day for work outs.  I will have to see what her schedule allows and look at mine.  I am not too worried about Tuesdays, but Thursdays are a bit more complicated.  I am pretty sure I can sort out the schedule properly, so that it works.

I should be back on track this month.  I do feel my endo doctor won't be too happy with me over the weight gain, but I will put it all back into perspective and deal with it.  I signed up for the million step program started by my company.  I have my FitBit Flex and it is time to get my cardio back on track.  To be perfectly honest, when I lost weight, it was due to more activity and cutting back on eating so much.  I have been horrible in both areas.  Furthermore, eating out is a killer.  Lately, I have been eating out more than cooking.  That says a lot about how crazy life has been.  There is never any excuse for that.  When I cook, that is the one time I know absolutely what was used to prepare the meal.  When I eat out, I am always taking a chance.

The other reason for getting back on track is that I have felt bloated for the past several days.  Not sure what the deal is, but I figure if I start cutting back on what I eat and get more exercise and drink more water, that may go away.

Let's see how I progress.  I will post more during the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment