Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Indescribable - the Rage and Anger...

One of the reasons I need to get off of Facebook is the animal postings.  My heart breaks when a dog or cat posting from some shelter is posted and I am told that the animal has limited time before being euthanized.  I realize that I cannot save every animal, but there has to be another answer.  It is more than upsetting - it breaks my heart.

The other day, someone posted a news report regarding a 10 year old boy who beat a small dog to death.  The photo posted shows the poor baby in the corner of a door way.  According to the various news sites in the area, the boy unlocked the fence, lured the dogs out (there was a German Shepard as well), chased the smaller dog, cornered the dog, then beat it mercilessly with a stick.  The poor baby died from a fractured skull and severed spine.

I cried.  Then, came such a very ugly rage and anger.  I was angry and full of rage because this child has no concept of the fear and pain that was put upon the animal by him.  What gets me, the kid claims that the dog attacked him.  However, there is no signs of an attack on the child at all.  That really angered me to no end.   There was no sense for that sort of abuse, whether or not the animal attacked the child.

The child perpetuated this murder of a dog.  He lured the animals out of their yard, then attacked the weakest one.  

I know what bothers me the most - I think of my own dogs.  How I would feel if some child killed one of my dogs in that manner?  I know I would probably unleash a type of hell that would make some people's nightmares a happy place, but I am completely serious.  I am as passionate about my dogs' well being as parents are for their children.  My dogs are my children.  

I realize that this child has some pretty serious mental issues.  That cannot be denied.  Whatever the name of the disease, it starts with a child killing small animals, then moving up from that.  Is it that they cannot feel pain or fear for others?  More than likely.  Would the child care if he were beaten to the very point as he did the dog?  No.  Does it bring the dog back?  Definitely not.  However, what do we do about this?

Every time I think back to this story, I get so angry and full of rage.  It is a type of ugly that one cannot explain, but I try to hug my own dogs and reassure myself, I will protect them with my own life.

I have my own worries regarding my dogs and the neighborhood kids in my own area.  Consistently, the kids run up to the dogs, yelling and screaming "Dogs!!!!  Can we pet your dogs????!!!!"  It is like I am the ice cream truck with the ice cream in the back - only I do not have the children's songs playing when I walk the dogs for their business.  

Too often than not, some of the kids are scared of the dogs and I try to hold them back, but the scared kids try to hit the dogs.  I tell them to go away and they won't leave.  Of course, the parent supervision lacks with these kids.  There are some mothers that stand outside, but they are gossiping and not really watching.  So, if I were to yank the kid away, I would be the one in trouble.  I am only protected my dogs.

As I have said in another post, I am not the freaking mobile petting zoo.  Sure, some people will stop and allow the kids to pet their dogs.  I am not opposed to doing it, but only if the kids are calm about it.  I think I am being reasonable.  The kids do not see it like that.  They are more worried about the dogs biting them.  If  you have that worry, stay away and admire them from afar.  Again - this is not a mobile petting zoo.  

After seeing this incident, I am on high alert with the kids.  I feel I have no recourse with kids.  I am not their parents and I certainly cannot punish them when they do wrong.  Maybe that is wrong with the world.  If my mom was not around and another parent was and I did something wrong, I got it from the parent, then the parent told my mom.  I would get into trouble again with my own mother.  That sort of thing sticks in your noggin.

I am trying to find a way to resolve my anger and rage regarding this issue.  I try to ignore updates on the issue because it only brings up the ugly feelings.  I thought it best to get it out in the open here.  Maybe others would feel the same and understand.  I am not a violent person, but these days, it does not take much to get angry with how things are going in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment