Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wanted: A New Primary Care Physician...

Today, I had my first visit with whom I hope will be my new primary care physician.  I got a physical today when I just wanted to discuss my back problems.  I figure, the insurance pays 100% for that visit, so okay.  I ended up getting two shots, tetnus and pnemonia, then blood drawn for a full lab, and urine check.

Good thing I fasted for that - I sort of felt that in my bones for the visit.  At some point, it is inevitable that you will have blood drawn.  Better to go ahead and fast, than have to go back at a later time.

I described my back problems to the new doctor.  She wants to get a X-Ray on my back to make sure there are no issues.  I got a list of exercises to do in hopes of clearing up the issue.  There was the discussion regarding my weight.  I gained a pound since I saw the endo.  I just was not going to sweat it.  I am between a rock and hard place.  I am there to get help, so that I can exercise more.  Otherwise, I am caught in a vicious circle - exercise and start having back problems, then back off.  Get to feeling better, then start exercising again.

Overall, she was very attentive.  The office itself has a portal, so that I can get hold of lab results in a timely manner.  Also, I can contact the doctor over the portal with questions and such.  

I was a bit overwhelmed at how large the facility was, but it was very nice.  I filled out the forms for my medical information from my previous PCP and my endocrinologist.  This way, I have the new doctor as my PCP as well as opening that line of communication between the endocrinologist and the PCP.  It bothered me that my previous PCP was so adverse to refilling my medications.  She wanted them all transferred over to the endocrinologist.  I was able to move all but the doxycycline, which I take for Rosacea and acne break outs.  (For those of you telling me how clear my skin is - that is why.)  I had a difficult time getting that medication refilled because the previous PCP would only fill for every 30 days.  We were having issues regarding obtaining blood lab results and her inability to properly discuss the results in a timely manner.  Here, I will be where I was before my first PCP left - getting my lab results via a portal and the doctor sending me a note with information of her concerns and asking for scheduling a visit in a timely manner.

Right now, my main concern is with my back.  Once I get that under control, I hope that I will be able to get back to exercising and getting weight off of this frame.  I have no high hopes of being a size 0, but I do have hopes of having a lower A1C as well as feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment