Friday, May 8, 2015

That Mid-Life Garbage Women Endure...

Sometimes, I have to face the fact I am no longer a 25 year old.  I am middle-aged and my body is starting to go through some interesting, yet frustrating changes.  One of which is the peri menopausal phase.  I happened onto an article regarding that and found I was experiencing the same issues.

Granted, with all of the constant rain out there the past several days, the humidity is nasty.  So, when walking the dogs, it is not really much of a strain (other than the constant back pain as of late) to cause sweating.  Mix in the humidity with the simple walk and you would have thought I ran a marathon.

I noticed that it takes forever for me to cool down.  Now, if I take a cool shower, that cools down my body.  Still, it is insane to be still sweating when your home is sitting at 68 degrees.  It makes no sense.

The article talked about waking up in the middle of the night with sweat and know you were not sick.  I have gone to bed and my teeth were chattering that my body was cold.  I waking up in a hot sweat soon after that.  Totally mind blowing.

I still have the monthly visit that is part of a woman's life.  It is shorter, but the cramps are a pain.  I would say a little worse than normal.  I handle it fine, but it was something I noticed.

Let's not forget the PMS stage.  For me, PMS was always a time where I was not pleasant to be around.  Now, it is amplified.  Unfortunately, chocolate does not solve that problem.  Still, I can snap, then realize - WTH was that about?

Definitely some things to mention to my gynocologist.  I also have to remember that with type 2 diabetes, the same issues can happen, so I have to be careful how my blood sugar is ranging during these times.  Of course, when it is that time of the month, my blood sugar is high and I have never been able to get it to lower until it is almost done.  That is frustrating.

So, at this time, I am dreading taking the dogs out for that last walk.  I know with the storms all around, it will be humid out there.  I hope it has cooled off for a bit.  That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment