Sunday, March 20, 2016

DST Really Messes With Your Internal Clock...

This year, the time change has really messed me up all week.  Usually, I can manage a day or two, but not this year.  It has been a full week and I feel so stinking exhausted.

Chloe has been spot on with getting me up much earlier than normal.  Even when it was not daylight savings time, she was getting me up early.  If there is one thing I can count on, if the alarm clock quits, I have Chloe right there to remind me to get my big butt out of the bed and get to the schedule.

My knee still hurts quite a bit today.  I think that also has a lot to do with my lack of sleep.  It has been difficult to sleep when my knee starts throbbing at night.  At this point, my ankle joint kicks in with the pain as well.  Everyday, I am reminded of my own mortality.

I did receive good news on Thursday.  The orthopedic office called to say that the insurance approved my request to get the Sinvisc injections.  The cost I owe is considerably less than what someone quoted me.  I was very happy about that.  I start the injections on Monday.  I am fretting over whether it will be really painful or not.  I hate that part.

Over the past month, I have seen my blood pressure lower since taking the beta blocker.  Also, my blood sugar has been staying below 200 for the most part.  I still have work to do, but it is a bonus to see it consistently lower than back in December.

I am trying to decide if I should go back to YMCA or not.  My membership was canceled due to an issue with my credit card.  It was okay with me because honestly, I had not been in months.  However, I need to drop some weight off of my body.  My scale showed I was at 311.4, so I have a lot of work on my hands.  I cannot allow that to overwhelm me.  I just need to focus on losing 1 lb at a time.  This weight did not get on my body overnight and taking it off is going to be hard work.  I know I can do it.

I have also come to the conclusion that there will be no house bought in the near future.  I need to sort out my medical issues and that needs to take priority.  Also, focus on clearing out the "junk" from the apartment.  I realize that a lot of stuff has been collected over the several years due to my mom's illness, then death.  Now, my inability to stand for long periods of time to take care of what needs to be done.  So, now, focus on what I can do and get it done.

Time to work on planning and get started on organizing and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment