Sunday, March 17, 2013

Busy and Crazy Day...

Ever since I woke up, I have been puttering around the apartment trying to clean and get a few things done.  I did have two hours wasted by work issues.  I hope that after the next two weeks, that will either slow down or someone else can deal with it.

I was still upset over my aunt being upset about my mom and such.  I hate that and it does bother me that family members would act like that.  You just wished that everyone would get along, but unfortunately, I have learned that most of the have some ax to grind.  Best course of action - just stay out of it.  You can't reason with them, so leave well enough alone.

I am beginning to feel that the dogs are taking out some resentment towards me on either simply not paying enough attention to them, having boarded them for a week last week, or both.  Chloe has gone in my bathroom, knocked down the waste basket, and shredded the contents.  I am both extremely angry and grossed out at the same time.  The funny thing - she has never done this - ever.  I have to think that, like a child, she is acting out because she is not getting the attention she needs.  Still, it does not make me happy and I have banned her from the bathroom.  I really do not have time for that sort of nonsense.

Today, I am cooking a roast beef for dinner.  I figure the leftovers will be a great help with this week's lunches and dinners.  I also made roasted chicken breasts.  I put the left over breasts in a container to heat up during the week.  I could also use one to cut up for a salad.

I did something last night that I had never done.  I put down a deposit for 2013-2014 season tickets for Dallas Stars Hockey.  I LOVE HOCKEY!!!  Just this once, I wanted to be able to have tickets for the season and make as many games as I could.  Getting season tickets has been something I have always wanted to do.  Now, I am going to make that happen.

Time to check on the roast - hoping that the internal temp is above 100 degrees.  If so, then dinner is on.  Otherwise, I will have to get something out and use the meat for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment