Sunday, March 10, 2013

Making Some Progress...

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

kindness doesn't go unanswered.

Even though it seems like thanks and acknowledgments for good deeds are in short supply, God notices them. When you feel like giving up because gratitude eludes, remember that God is delighted in your efforts. Don't stop showing kindness because you feel unappreciated, the author of good things appreciates you very much.

Some days are better than others...

I need to take some vacation time and step away from work.  I have not had a break from work since mid-December.  Even at that time, it was not a break.  This time, I have assigned out work to another co-worker for the upcoming version.  I want other employees to engage him before coming to me.  Otherwise, he will not learn.

Since the clocks were supposed to spring forward today, I did not feel the lost hour until now.  Now, I wish I had that extra hour in order to get more things done.  I feel like this weekend has been wasted, yet again.  I did have to work during the day for testing efforts.  I did manage to get laundry and dishes done.  I still have a huge mound of towels and such to clean, but those do not require as much attention as the perma-press.  I have to be very careful with the perma-press to make sure no wrinkles, shrinkage, and such.  Major pain.  Towels and the like can stay in the dryer for longer periods of time because they just get folded. 

If I can get past this month, I am definitely taking a week off for myself.  I have been at it since my last time off back in mid-December.  That was not really time off, either.

My father's birthday is this month and I have absolutely NO clue what to get him.  Maybe I will just get him a gift card to Best Buy and call it good.  I might get him some after-shave - I know I have not done that in quite awhile.

Here's to being more productive in the upcoming week...

No comments:

Post a Comment