Monday, December 9, 2013

Diabetics Unite!

Not too long ago, I joined "tudiabetes.org".  Some days, managing this disease is beyond frustrating.  Dealing with the numbers is so daunting.  Eating right is not the only key to keeping one's blood sugar in check.  Also, eating right is not just avoiding sweets.  I figured I needed a support system.  My friend, who was diagnosed as having type II a couple of years after me, is not really the right support system I need.  I need a support system that gets my frustration.  I do not want to hear from someone who refuses to properly educate themselves about their disease.  (It probably would not bother me so much if she was not such a "know-it-all" and tells me that she can learn about it on her own.)

Anyway, in one of the newsletters, I came across this YouTube entry.  The girl in the video actually made me feel sane.  I had experienced several of her scenarios and began to realize I was not a failure.  What I am experiencing is normal.  The numbers fluctuate all of the time.  When numbers are high all of the time, that is so stinking frustrating, even when you are doing all of the right things.  The video rang so many bells with me.

You have no idea how much this made me feel better about my situation.  My father has type 2 and his blood sugar is low enough that he no longer has to take meds.  Sure, I would love to have that happen for me, but it is more frustrating when he eats whatever he wants and it has no effect.  Argh!

Lex is a very talented make-up artist.  I wish I had her creativity, but check out her videos regarding diabetes.  Each video is very cleverly done and informative.  I can see Lex doing more in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCjKPmegdU&list=TLyE-apPMHChkvJHPRdpurlu91WfGjmDzN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2tzeWp_rvk&list=TLyE-apPMHChkvJHPRdpurlu91WfGjmDzN

No comments:

Post a Comment