Thursday, December 12, 2013

Remembering...

http://crowleyisdtx.org/modules/cms/pages.phtml?pageid=306773&sessionid=6464de1c5fd469f22f6c99e5eff078f7

I remembered Mrs. Harris as the assistant principal during my years at Crowley High School.  She was always very nice.  It made me sad when I learned that her young daughter was sick, then passed away.   I knew that had to be difficult on her.

I only visited her office one time, but that was to pass a note to her from someone else needing help.  She was very nice to me, but that was really the only time I had personally had any communication with her.

In 2011, Aldo Billingslea invited me to a get together party.  Teachers, Ms. Tyler and Crowley, had brought Mrs. Harris with them.  I talked to her briefly, but she told me she did not remember me.  I smiled and said "I was never in trouble, so I was hardly in the office."  She laughed, but I could tell that something was not quite right.

Yesterday, I heard of her passing.  I was sad to hear of this.  I realize as we grow older, others we know leave us for that next plane. I would imagine she is happily reunited with her daughter, but she will continue be a presence here by those she touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment