Sunday, December 29, 2013

Update for Reflecting on Life...

The previous post, I had actually written on 12/26/2013.  I was writing it on my iPad and had some difficulty with getting the rest of the thoughts on the page due to the screen bouncing around a bit.  Here, I am going to provide a short update:

Health:

I visited Diabetes America for my 2 month check up.  I knew that the nurses were going to measure my A1C, however, I was shocked to find out that my A1C there was 7.3.  That made the nurses and doctors happy with my progress.  Downside, I had picked up 8 lbs.  Also, one technician took pictures of my eyes and caused me worry regarding my left eye.  Last year, the eye exam was fine, but this year, the technician indicated a problem, but stated that it may just be a reflection.  Nice - I am starting to worry about my eye sight, now.


Educator wants me to start pulling back on my meds.  Seems like the Lantus at night is causing the low blood sugar levels and she was concerned about those.  Now, I will have to learn how to tri-ate the numbers to get the correct dosage.  Next, my regular doctor was not in the office, so the sub came in and told me that he wanted me to start doing a meal substitution diet after the holidays.  Basically, I would drink Glucerna shakes for breakfast and lunch, then have my normal snacks and dinner meals.  This would go on for 2 weeks, then return to regular meals for another 2 weeks, then go back to the meal substitution for another 2 weeks.  The doctor believed that I should be able to lose 5-8 lbs per month.    Also, I had to help all of this out by getting out there and exercising.

I really was not upset over that.  My general physician had recently suggested weight loss surgery.  Now, my diabetes doctor wants me to change my diet and such.  For some reason, I think God is trying to talk to me about this situation, so I figure go with it.

Personal:

Most of my time has been spent getting this and that done or getting ready for going to a hockey game.  I am grateful for having made the decision to attend hockey games.  I honestly get a real thrill about going to the AAC and being around the other fans.  It fills me up with a lot of excitement and whether the team wins or loses, I am thankful for the opportunity to watch them.  I honestly love going and cheering the team.


Rather than make resolutions for the New Year, I am simply going to "do."  That is what really matters - just do it.  I am still working on my theme for the upcoming year and I think I have it down to a great idea that is full of promise and positivity.  I will write more about that on 1/1/2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment