Friday, December 13, 2013

Hoping I Did Some Good...

Today, I am writing about generosity.  I would like to think I am a very generous person, but I also know I can be a scrooge.

Last Saturday, I was really looking forward to going to the Dallas Stars game.  I always look forward to going to games, but this was taking place in the early afternoon.  Perfect - go to a game, then get dinner.  Well, that plan took a backseat when the icy weather appeared.  No matter how badly I wanted to go, I knew better than get in my car and try to drive the nasty roads to American Airlines Center.

I stayed home and cheered the team onto victory that Saturday afternoon.  I was safe, warm, and had two warm doggies to keep me company.

On Tuesday, I noticed an email from the Dallas Stars.  Since I had purchased a ticket to the game and due to the very nasty weather, the Dallas Stars offered me up to 4 free complimentary tickets to another game.  Of course, it had to be a game that they had listed, but that was fine.

I have been so very pleased with the customer service I received from this team.  For the unused tickets, I was able to combined them and have my father and a few friends sit with me for a couple of games.  Now, this.

My first thought was to use the tickets as part of a gift exchange with my father's girlfriend's family.  The problem is that none of them really go for hockey and my father's girlfriend had knee surgery and there is no way he could go since she cannot move about much.

A friend on Facebook had asked me for any extra tickets so that she could take her son.  He wanted to go to a Stars game, but she is not able to afford the tickets.  The more I thought about using the tickets at the company gift exchange, it occurred to me that her son would appreciate the tickets more.  I wish the tickets were placed in a better section and such.  However, I remembered my first game.  I purchased tickets in the high upper sections and I loved it just as much as I do now.

Tonight, I gave that friend an early Christmas present.  I hope that her son enjoys the game and has a lot of fun.  I feel better about the choice.  Sometimes, I do try to do the right thing.  Maybe I did right; maybe not.  It just made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment