Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter...

One might think I have lost all faith in Faith.  There are times I sit and wonder if I have been forgotten in the grand scheme of life.  I admire those who have someone and the relationship is going well for both parties.  

I won't deny that there are days I wish I had someone in my life that loved me no matter what.  Unfortunately, it is what it is.  Maybe that will change, but time will only tell.

On the otherhand, I am very grateful for those things that I do have in my life.  The ability to go do things that I want, if I want.  I am not married to an abusive or cruel man.  I have two dogs that I love dearly.  I have a job where it has had its ups and downs, but I have a job.  

The other day, I spent some time with a friend I do not get to see as much as I would like.  She told me that she would be moving to New Zealand.  I was shocked.  I am happy for her adventurous side.  I think it is wonderful that she wants to travel like that.  I will miss her dearly.  I know - perfect excuse to take a long vacation.

However, I felt this pit of loss already.  I do not have many friends and the ones I do have, I cherish with my heart.  Part of me wishes I could do the same, but maybe that is not really for me.  I would love to travel, but part of me knows that this is "home."  My friends have helped me develop a "home."  

My hope and prayer for my friend is to always enjoy life to the fullest.  I may not be there to do it with her, but I will always be there in spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment