Thursday, April 30, 2015

Stepping My Way Back...

For the past two weeks, I have been working on doing the 10,000 step challenge.  I had my last trainer session on Tuesday.  Now, I need to motivate myself to keep active and try to lose weight.

On Monday, I had my three month visit with my endocrinologist.  My weight was about the same, but my A1C went from 7.5 to 8.9.  I knew that number would be high.  I had several days where my blood sugar was pretty high.  Now, I am trying to refocus.

Last year, I had lost 35 lbs.  Now, I did use the meal replacement shakes, but I was also holding myself accountable for what I put in my mouth.  Basically, I would journal every piece of food I would eat.  I really need to spend more time making myself more accountable for what I eat.

The other piece of that equation is being active.  As I explained to my trainer, when I had some FitBit technical issues, my goal is to achieve 10,000 steps a day and be active for at least 30 minutes each day.  I will reserve Sundays as my day of rest.  That does not mean that Sundays are "cheat days."  Sundays will be that I won't work so hard on getting the 10,000 steps done.  That will give my body the time it needs to recover.

I want to set a realistic goal.  Basically, I would like to be 15 lbs lighter by my next endocrinologist appointment.  Overall, I would like to be down near 200 lbs before I turn 50.  I want to be healthy and active - no longer feeling pain first thing in the morning while I walk the dogs would be fabulous.

I can do this - I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment