Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Easy Way Out...

I have gotten to the point where I truly believe that there is no easy way to lose weight.  Seriously!  Everything has restrictions.  That magic pill that sheds the pounds.  No one tells you the nasty side effects.

All my life, I have been on one "diet" or another.  At some point, you have to make a lifestyle change.  Now, I am not saying you have to be 100% good on it.  However, you do need to have some common sense.

I got a text from a friend asking about a particular pill.  A friend of hers lost a good deal of weight from taking it.  That is fabulous.  I took phen-phen for a year and lost 120 lbs.  However, I would like to say I feel that my eating and exercise habits were the keys to losing that weight.  The pill was just like taking speed - I was hyper all of the time.  Small wonder I was never hungry.

Now, I am not saying that this pill will be the same.  Just that I have been down that road in the past.  I am not up for doing that.  

Losing weight is all about where your mind is.  You have to be in that right frame of mind.  Otherwise, it is all for naught.  You can exercise as long as the day is long, but as long as you still eat crap every day, it is not going to help.  I know as I do it now.  I try to be better at it, but again, everything is a misconception.  

I try to eat more salads.  Let's be honest - salads may not always be the healthiest thing on the planet.  I should know.

Rather than looking for the easy way out, strive to look within ourselves and see what we are really doing.  I think that helps.

For me, I am frustrated with back and leg pain.  My trainer has been working with me to help do stretches that will ease and, sometimes, eliminate the pain.  Believe me, when I can get up in the morning without my butt and back of my thighs screaming, it is a good day!

So, for right now, I am not looking for the easy way out.  I am looking for the tried and true because I know it always works.

No comments:

Post a Comment