Friday, September 2, 2016

Joining Subscription Clubs...

About 3 years ago, I joined Julep Maven subscription service.  Over the past 3 years, I have gotten a ton of nail polish, which is what Julep is originally known.  However, I have watched this company grow from just developing interesting nail polishes to providing products for doing your own mani/pedi with cleansers, tools, and polish tools.  However, the company has also ventured more into the beauty aspect with makeup.

I was curious what I would receive with such a box when I first subscribed.  In the beginning, I would receive two nail polishes, sometimes a full or trial size product for doing a mani/pedi, and always a piece of candy.  I thought that added a fun touch.  Of course, there were paper materials for 15% off your next order and getting a friend to join.  Still, the Julep Maven box was always a nice surprise.

Recently, I had thought seriously about dropping the service.  I have WAY too many nail polishes.  I need to go through them and find the ones I am not really fond of and give them away.  However, when I realized I had obtained over 14,000 points in the past 3 years, I had to figure out what I could do to use them.  This month, I was able to purchase several additional items to come with my monthly box.  Luckily, I won't have to pay extra, so that was a HUGE bonus.  I could have easily spent about $100 and the points allowed me to get these extra items and I still have over 8,000 points.

With that, I also joined Ipsy, Scentbird, and Candy Club.  I put into my mind that I would be able to get good testers from these companies and I can dissuade myself from purchasing the items at full price.  I got my Ipsy bag the other day.  Each month, a subscriber gets a new make-up bag, which is quite cute.  Inside, I got a nail polish, leave-in hair conditioner, complexion powder, a tester of the IT Cosmetics eye liner pencil (which I have been dying to buy, but now, I have a good tester to try), and a mud mask for a facial.  That is not too bad.  I just need to do some reviews and hope that I can get some additional points for that.

Scentbird came up out of the blue for me.  It is a subscription service for getting perfume testers.  You almost get a full ounce of product, which is nice, so that you can determine if it is something you want to pay full price.  Now, oddly enough, I have quite a few of the perfumes that are on this subscription service.  However, I do not mind.  I may purchase a few more of the containers that hold the perfume.  I have yet to get my first delivery, but will let you know when I do.

Lastly, Candy Club subscription service.  I curated my first delivery.  I ordered Jelly Belly jelly beans, sweet and sour fruit belts, and black licorice.  The candy arrives in nice size plastic jar containers with old fashioned paint like lids, where you have to pry the lid up.  I think that Candy Club is changing their packaging, so I will save these containers for next time.  Also, the company threw in a bunch of toffee samples for me to try.  I was really impressed.  So, at some point, I will need to log back in to curate my next delivery.  I am excited about that.

Right now, I love watching the subscription box open and reveal videos on YouTube.  They are fun, but I feel the same as many people - I just enjoy getting a nice surprise in the mail and it makes my day.  I will keep you up to date on following subscription boxes and reveal the goodies I receive.  Share in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment