Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Where is Simple Respect for Others? (Possibly Not Safe For Work due to Language)

Disclaimer:  If you are easily offended by strong language and sexual content, you probably need to skip this.  On the other side of that, this is not some hot, steamy sex story, either.

At what point in our lives does it become acceptable to send someone a text message saying some horribly awful things?  We all get angry.  One of the suggested ways to get your anger out is to "write a letter", but never to send.  However, too often than not, people just hit send and take out their aggression on the other party.

Someone on my FB friends list posted such a message.  Many have poor opinions on this person, but with that aside, I thought the message was very inappropriate.  No matter how one may feel about another person, it does not provide you the right to say the following:

"I hope you fucking die you stupid ugly lazy drug addict alcoholic no job mooching stupid ass fucking bitch."
"Jump off a cliff"
"You worthless cum guzzling whore"

I have the background for the response, but again, there is no reason for it.  I have been known to craft an email and say all of the things I am feeling at that time.  I take a break and look at it, then realize, there is no way you can send that and not cause drama.  When you actually send a response such as the one above, one must be truly ready to accept whatever reactions should come their way.  Nutshell, you have lost complete control over your words and possibly your actions.  Every action has an equal or higher reaction.  

This is why I get so fed up with people.  It does not take a whole lot to be nice.  While I have my bad days, I also understand what it means to be humble and apologize with meaning behind it - not just words.  People just do not get being respectful.  Everyone expects to be respected without really earning that respect.  

I told the receiver that the best approach would have been to never have answered the young woman in the first place. First, the young woman should not be interfering in matters that are none of her business.  Second, she did not deserve a response.  She was pleading for the receiver to do something that she cannot do in the first place.

Again, a lack of respect because the young woman did not get what she wanted is supposed to be acceptable.  I swear a good part of my generation raised a bunch of selfish brats that expect to get whatever they want.  There are plenty of my friends who are above this sort of behavior, but when I see this, it makes my blood boil.  Why is it that these values were taught to be acceptable?  It just is not acceptable and the fact that we condone it is beyond me.

Before you craft a nasty-gram, make sure that before you hit send, would you want that sent to you and are you ready to accept the repercussions of your words?  You might want to rethink your thoughts and take the Buddhist option - Allow karma to take over.  It may take time, but revenge is not yours to take and it is better to allow things to happen naturally.  If you think that is a load of bunk, check out the news about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment