Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Chritsmas 2016 - Very Sad This Year...

For me, the first loss this Christmas season was my dog, Chloe.  I still cry from time to time - I try not to cry in front of Bo.  I want him to know I miss her as much as he does, but I do not want him to be sad.  I want Bo to know that we will be okay - we will make it together.

When I saw Midge Ure post about Rick Parfitt's passing, guitarist from Status Quo, that made me incredibly sad.  I remember watching the Band Aid video and how Rick and Francis Rossi would stand together and crack jokes while the others were working on their parts.  I loved Status Quo for their classic 70s glam rock.  

Hearing of Carrie Fisher's heart attack on the plane worried me tremendously.  Honestly, I was quite sure she would not make it because it had happened on the plane from London to LA.  I had not gotten all the information as to where the plane was in the air on that trip, but I held hope that she would pull through this.  My hopes were dashed yesterday morning when it was announced that Carrie passed away.

I loved Carrie for the parts she played.  I saw her on cable doing her one woman show.  I thought the world of Carrie because she was feisty and incredibly funny.  I know she had various issues within her life, but she was such a strong woman and so talented.  When I saw her in the latest Star Wars film, it made the movie feel so warm and special.

On Christmas Day, I was in the car riding to another place where we were to do more celebration for the holiday.  Again, Midge Ure posts something regarding George Michael passing away.  I was totally shocked.  I heard "Last Christmas" and mentioned that George Michael had passed away.  There was some light discussion, but mainly passed.  I was sad because George was such a wonderful singer.  I remembered "Wake Me Up" and other songs that Wham! did.  However, my mind would wonder why he died as he did - peacefully in his sleep.  I knew he had other issues with substance abuse, but I would only hope that was not the cause.  He seemed like such a kind soul, but a bit troubled.

This early evening, the news announced that Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother, had a stroke.  Now, it is being announced that Debbie has passed away as well.  How utterly horrible - I cannot even imagine how gutted Debbie had to be regarding her daughter's death.

This year is ending much like it had begun - losing people dear to us either personally or as a celebrity.  While I realize that beings do die, it is the empty spaces that are left that make it so very sad.  We sure do miss their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment