Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Frustrating day...

This morning's blood sugar test was 271 at 8:15.  Just now, my current blood sugar tested at 233.  I am happy that the number is lower. 

Breakfast:  1 bowl of Multigrain Cheerios and 1/2 cup of fat free milk

Lunch:  Chicken Enchilada Verde and 1 crispy beef Taco.  1/4 cup of rice (I made myself not eat a whole lot of that), and 1 cup of charro beans.  The difficult part of having lunch out was keeping my hands out of the tortilla chips, salsa, and co-worker's queso.  I need to work on that.  I did, however, resist the urge to get even a small cup of Pacugio gelato.  I got the Cappucino (okay - I cannot spell it).  I did not drink all of that because it did not taste very good.  I think that was a small favor.

Dinner:  I roasted a pork loin with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some chicken seasoning.  I was going to use rosemary, but I realized too late that I threw out the previous bottle during a pantry purge.  I have to put that back on my grocery list.  The veggies were peas and broccoli in cheese sauce.  To add a bit of spice, I mixed some Crystal Light Lemonade mix with my Sprite Zero.  That gave the drink a bit of sparkle.

I put the pork loin medallions and peas into two containers for lunch. 

This spring, I have this grandiose idea of getting a planting box and filling it with the seeds to grow my own herbs.  I want to try to grow rosemary, thyme, basil, and others.  I think that would add some freshness to my meals.

I do not want to think of this is a diet, but a healthier and more delicious way of eating.  I figure if the food is delicious, filling, low in carbs, that will make it easier for me to continue to eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment