Friday, January 21, 2011

Long day, but was able to maintain...

Morning Blood Sugar:  285
Evening Blood Sugar:  286

I expected my blood sugar to be high this morning as I neglected to take my medications last night.  This morning, I made my attempt to take my medications, but I think I only got part of the meds taken because I was distracted.  Oddly enough, I was able to maintain my blood sugar.

Breakfast, I had a cup of cantaloupe, two sausage patties, and one slice of whole grain toast.

Lunch, Roast beef and turkey sandwich with provolone cheese on whole grain bread, 1 oz of Terra chips, 1 pickle, and a mix of yellow and red grape tomatoes.  I love the yellow tomatoes - they are sweet and delicious.

Dinner, Boston Market quarter chicken - breast and wing, green beans, and garlicky lemon spinach.  I have to admit, the new spinach side is really delicious.  I will definitely be ordering that again.

I know I had wanted to get a steak and baked potato tonight.  I decided against that, then thought of getting fried chicken.  I passed on that because I wanted to try to keep my carb intake low.  I feel pretty good about that.

Tomorrow will be a better day - it is the weekend and I am going to enjoy it as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment