Monday, January 17, 2011

Making big changes...

In November 2006, I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes.  I worked really hard to bring down my blood sugar and a nice bonus was that I lost about 50 lbs after about 4 months.  At that point, I endured a great deal of stress and life began to unravel. I gained back the weight and then some more.  Also, my blood sugar began to rise to levels that were worrisome.

First of all, I blame myself for letting those things get the better of me.  There is no one to blame.  There are no fingers to point.  It was me and me alone.  I made bad choices for all of the wrong reasons.

This New Year's Eve, I decided that I needed to turn my life around for the better.  Life is just too short.  I miss the presence of someone close to me, but I know that person is watching over me.  What would mean the most to that person is for me to take better care of myself.

So, here I go - going to journal my life changes and the results.  Some days, the results will be fantastic, but other days, the results will suck.  I am going to journal the good, the bad, and the ugly - mainly so that I can look back at what I have accomplished on this journey.

My blog may be boring or useless to some and that is okay.  I am doing this for me.

This is my new day...

-- M

No comments:

Post a Comment